Your Health Idaho’s Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) is open to small businesses in Idaho with up to 50 full-time equivalent employees. SHOP helps small businesses and nonprofit organizations provide health insurance to their employees.
You can enroll your small business on SHOP through a Your Health Idaho certified agent or broker.
To enroll your small business in SHOP insurance:
- Contact an agent or broker.
- Fill out a paper application and send the completed form to Your Health Idaho.
Your Health Idaho
PO Box 943
Boise, ID 83701
- Once Your Health Idaho approves your application, select a preferred plan with your agent, broker or insurance company and enroll in that plan.
Insurance companies available on Your Health Idaho:
- BEST Life and Health Insurance Company
- Blue Cross of Idaho
- Mountain Health CO-OP
- PacificSource Health Plans
- SelectHealth, Inc.
- Willamette Dental of Idaho, Inc
Benefits of the SHOP Marketplace
Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) is designed to give you access to high quality health insurance for your employees.
When you offer your employees insurance through SHOP:
- You control the coverage you offer and how much you pay toward employee premiums.
- You choose from four levels of insurance.
- If you buy SHOP insurance and have fewer than 25 employees, you may qualify for a small business healthcare tax credit. The tax credit is available only for plans purchased on SHOP.
Eligibility for SHOP
Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) is open to employers with 50 or fewer full-time equivalent employees.
- You can use the full-time equivalent calculator to determine if you are eligible to use SHOP.
- To use SHOP, you must offer insurance to all of your full-time employees, generally those working an average of 30 or more hours per week.
If you do not purchase your health insurance plan between November 1 and December 15, you are required to have at least 70 percent of your eligible employees enroll in your SHOP plan.
Your must have an office or employee worksite within Idaho to use the SHOP marketplace.
The Small Business Tax Credit
The small business tax credit is only available to businesses that qualify for a SHOP ID number and purchase a YHI-certified group plan. Not sure if your small business qualifies? Visit the SHOP Tax Credit Estimator to find out.
For more information about the Small Business Tax Credit, visit the IRS website and speak with a tax professional.
How much will the tax credit pay?
- Up to 50% of your contribution to employee premiums if you are qualifying small business
- Up to 35% of your contribution to employee premiums if you are a qualifying tax-exempt small employer