Starting a Your Health Idaho Application Without a Referral
If you previously had coverage through YHI:
To sign into your account, click Login from the top menu > Login
- If you forgot your password, click Forgot Password?
- If you need help resetting your password, please contact Customer Support at 855-944-3246
Login to your account
Click the Start New Application button, to review and update your information
If you do not have an account with YHI:
To set up your account, click Login from the top menu > Create an Account
Fill out all required information on the Set Up Your Individual Account on Your Health Idaho page
Then click Submit
You will then be directed to the Login page
Follow the prompts to complete the account set up, click Save Preferences > Ok
Click the Start New Application button, follow the prompts to complete the application
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION:
In the application you will be asked two questions pertaining to your Medicaid coverage.
- Were any of these (household members) found not eligible for Medicaid or Your Health Idaho in the past 90 days?
- If you are applying before your Medicaid ends, answer None of the Above.
- If you are applying after you have received notice from DHW that you are losing Medicaid because of no longer being eligible, answer with the name of the Household Member.
- Is (household member) currently enrolled in health coverage that will extend beyond 60 days from today?
- If you have received a notice from DHW that your Medicaid will close in the next 60 days, answer No
- If you have children who are applying with you, and whom you will be removing from CHIP if they are given a tax credit, answer No
- If (household member) is enrolled in Medicaid or CHIP and does not know if or when coverage would end, answer Yes. (This household member will not be evaluated for cost-savings at this time. They can come back and re-apply if they learn that their Medicaid is going to end)
Make sure to click the blue Save & Continue on each page to ensure your information is saved as you complete the application.
Sign and Submit your application
You will know if you qualify for a tax credit and the amount within minutes of submitting your application
After completing your application, you will be asked to confirm your life event. Click Confirm Event and Shop
Select Loss of Medicaid as your Qualifying Life Event. Enter the event date as your Medicaid end date. If you received a notice from DHW, it will be the date included in the notice. Click here to see an example.
You can now shop and enroll in a plan