Adding a new member to your household can change your eligibility for insurance and your tax credit amount.

You could qualify for a Special Enrollment Period if you experienced one of the following Qualifying Life Events in the last 60 days:

  • Birth of a baby
  • Adoption
  • Court-appointment of a ward


To report your change, you must provide documented proof. Accepted documents include:

  • Birth certificate
  • Court order for guardianship, adoption, or foster care
  • Evidence of right to control health care of dependent
  • Other documentation containing a signed, sworn statement with a signature from the healthcare provider including the same data points found on a birth certificate. Documentation must include the hospital or provider’s letterhead.

You have 60 days to report your Qualifying Life Event, provide documentation, make changes, or select and enroll in a plan.

  • If you have or previously had insurance through Your Health Idaho, log in to your account here to edit your application
  • If you are new to Your Health Idaho, create an account here

If you have questions or would like more information, contact Your Health Idaho at 855-944-3246 or visit the Find Help page to find a local certified agent whose assistance is at no cost.