Outside of Open Enrollment, purchasing health insurance through Your Health Idaho is possible if you experience a Qualifying Life Event like losing coverage, moving, or having a baby, and qualify for Special Enrollment Period. A Special Enrollment Period allows Idahoans to enroll in coverage anytime during the year. If you are already enrolled with Your Health Idaho, a Special Enrollment Period would enable you to make changes to your existing insurance plan.

If you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, you have 60 days from the date of your Qualifying Life Event to complete the following:

    1. Contact and report your Qualifying Life Event to Your Health Idaho
    2. Provide the required documentation
    3. Select and enroll in a plan OR make changes to your current plan

Learn more about the Qualifying Life Events that could be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period.

Birth & Adoption

Welcoming a new member to your household


Loss of Coverage

Losing your current health insurance

Marriage & Divorce

Tying (or untying) the knot


New to Idaho or moving within the state


American Indians & Alaska Natives

Certain American Indians and Alaska Natives can buy a health insurance plan through Your Health Idaho.

Special Circumstances

Exceptional circumstances can affect your eligibility to enroll

Unaffordable Employer-Sponsored Coverage

Employer-sponsored health insurance that is deemed unaffordable may make you eligible to enroll