Important Tax Information
Your Form 1095-A
If you or someone in your household was enrolled in a Qualified Health Plan (QHP) through Your Health Idaho at any time during the year, you’ll receive a Form 1095-A: Health Insurance Marketplace Statement. Your Health Idaho sends this form to you and the IRS by January 31 via U.S. mail. You will also receive a copy in your Your Health Idaho account secure inbox.
The 1095-A form verifies the following information about your health insurance:
- Household members enrolled in a health plan through the exchange
- How many months each household member had health insurance during the year
- The cost of your monthly health insurance premiums
- The amount of Advance Premium Tax Credit (APTC) received each month
Use the information from your Form 1095-A to reconcile the APTC you received during the year on Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit which you will file with your tax return (keep Form 1095-A for your records).
NOTE: Form 1095-A is not required for catastrophic or stand-alone dental plans.
Click the links below for answers to frequently asked questions.
1095-A tax statements are mailed via the U.S. Postal Service to the latest mailing address we have on file, postmarked no later than January 31. You’ll also receive a copy in your secure inbox at YourHealthIdaho.org.
- Log in to your account on YourHealthIdaho.org.
- Click My Inbox in the My Stuff
- Click the From or Subject link to view a notice. The 1095-A notice is named Form 1095A for [your insurance carrier].
- In Attachments, select the file name to download the form.
- Download all 1095-A tax forms for the year in your inbox.
Use the 1095-A form to report information about your enrollment in your health exchange health plan to the IRS. Reconcile the amount of Advance Premium Tax Credit (APTC) received during the year on IRS Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit.
Here is what to do when you get your Form 1095-A:
- Carefully read the instructions on the back.
- Make sure the reported information on the form is accurate.
- Fill out Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit, with the information in the1095-A according to the instructions on the back of Form 8962.
The IRS website has several available resources to help you file your taxes. Learn more HERE.
IMPORTANT: Don’t file your taxes until you have an accurate Form 1095-A.
You will receive a separate Form 1095-A for each policy you had during the year. You might also receive multiple Form 1095-As for these reasons:
- You or someone in your household were enrolled in one health plan and then switched to another plan.
- Members in your household were enrolled in different plans.
Add the information from each form to fill out one Form 8962: Premium Tax Credit.
Read the instructions on the back of Form 1095-A carefully and review your plan.
If you check your 1095-A tax statement and find an error, you can contact Your Health Idaho for help at 1-855-944-3246 or submit a support request online. If there is an error, you’ll receive a corrected 1095-A tax statement.