Your 1095-A Tax Statement
If you or your household enrolled in a Qualified Health Plan through Your Health Idaho at anytime during the year, you’ll receive Form 1095-A: Health Insurance Marketplace Statement. YHI sends this form to you and the IRS by January 31 via U.S. mail.
The 1095-A tax statement verifies your health insurance:
- Household members enrolled in your health plan
- How many months you had health insurance during the year
- The cost of your monthly premiums
- Amount of the Advance Premium Tax Credit (APTC) that you received
Use the information from your 1095-A tax statement to reconcile APTC on your tax return.
NOTE: Form 1095-A is not required for catastrophic or stand-alone dental plans.
Click the links below for answers to frequently asked questions.
1095-A tax statements are mailed via the U.S. Postal Service to the latest mailing address we have on file, postmarked no later than January 31. You’ll also receive a copy in your YHI secure inbox.
- Log in to your account on YourHealthIdaho.org.
- Click My Inbox in the My Stuff
- Click the From or Subject link to view a notice. The 1095-A notice is named Form 1095A for [your insurance carrier].
- In Attachments, select the file name to download the form.
- Download all 1095-A tax statements for the year in your inbox.
Use the 1095-A tax statement to reconcile the amount of APTC you applied to your monthly premium and your final, eligible Premium Tax Credit (PTC) on the IRS Form 8962: Premium Tax Credit.
Here is what to do when you get the 1095-A tax statement:
- Carefully read the instructions on the back.
- Make sure the reported information on the form is accurate.
- Make sure the information about Second Lowest Cost Silver Plan (SLCSP) is correct.
- To calculate Second Lowest Cost Silver Plan, download the Tax Calculator Tool. Follow the instructions in the tool.
- Fill out Form 8962 with the 1095-A information according to the instructions on the back of Form 8962.
The IRS website has several available resources to help you file your taxes. Learn more HERE.
IMPORTANT: Don’t file your taxes until you have an accurate 1095-A tax statement.
You receive a unique 1095-A tax statement for each policy you had. You might receive multiple 1095-A tax statements for these reasons:
- You or your household were enrolled in one health plan and then switched to another plan.
- Members in your household were not enrolled in the same plan.
Use the information from each form to fill out Form 8962: Premium Tax Credit.
Read the instructions on the back of Form 1095-A carefully and review your plan.
If you check your 1095-A tax statement and find an error, you can contact Your Health Idaho for help at 1-855-944-3246 or send an email to Support. If there is an error, you’ll receive a corrected 1095-A tax statement.