Your 1095-A Tax Statement
If you or your household enrolled in a Qualified Health Plan through Your Health Idaho at anytime during the year, you’ll receive Form 1095-A: Health Insurance Marketplace Statement. YHI sends this form to you and the IRS by January 31 via U.S. mail.
The 1095-A tax statement verifies your health insurance:
- Household members enrolled in your health plan
- How many months you had health insurance during the year
- The cost of your monthly premiums
- Amount of the Advance Premium Tax Credit (APTC) that you received
Use the information from your 1095-A tax statement to reconcile APTC on your tax return.
NOTE: Form 1095-A is not required for catastrophic or stand-alone dental plans.
Click the links below for answers to frequently asked questions.
1095-A tax statements are mailed via the U.S. Postal Service to the latest mailing address we have on file, postmarked no later than January 31. You’ll also receive a copy in your YHI secure inbox.
- Log in to your account on YourHealthIdaho.org.
- Click My Inbox in the My Stuff
- Click the From or Subject link to view a notice. The 1095-A notice is named Form 1095A for [your insurance carrier].
- In Attachments, select the file name to download the form.
- Download all 1095-A tax statements for the year in your inbox.
Use the 1095-A tax statement to reconcile the amount of APTC you applied to your monthly premium and your final, eligible Premium Tax Credit (PTC) on the IRS Form 8962: Premium Tax Credit.
Here is what to do when you get the 1095-A tax statement:
- Carefully read the instructions on the back.
- Make sure the reported information on the form is accurate.
- Make sure the information about Second Lowest Cost Silver Plan (SLCSP) is correct.
- To calculate Second Lowest Cost Silver Plan, download the Tax Calculator Tool. Follow the instructions in the tool.
- Fill out Form 8962 with the 1095-A information according to the instructions on the back of Form 8962.
The IRS website has several available resources to help you file your taxes. Learn more HERE.
IMPORTANT: Don’t file your taxes until you have an accurate 1095-A tax statement.
You receive a unique 1095-A tax statement for each policy you had. You might receive multiple 1095-A tax statements for these reasons:
- You or your household were enrolled in one health plan and then switched to another plan.
- Members in your household were not enrolled in the same plan.
Use the information from each form to fill out Form 8962: Premium Tax Credit.
Read the instructions on the back of Form 1095-A carefully and review your plan.
Check the monthly Second Lowest Cost Silver Plan premium:
- The Second Lowest Cost Silver Plan amount is determined by several points of data. If you think there is an error, or that information is missing, check the amount with the online Tax Calculator Tool.
- Download the Tax Calculator Tool.
- Be sure to enter the household members’ ages on the date the plan became effective. Form 1095-A Column B should match Monthly Premium Second Lowest Cost Silver Plan amounts calculated in the Tax Calculator Tool.
If you check your 1095-A tax statement and find an error, you can contact Your Health Idaho for help at 1-855-944-3246 or send an email to Support. If there is an error, you’ll receive a corrected 1095-A tax statement.