Overall Health Insurance Plan Quality Ratings
Each health plan offered through Your Health Idaho is given an Overall quality rating based on member experience, medical care, and health plan administration. Plans are given ratings of one through five stars, with five being the highest.
The ratings give consumers an objective way to quickly compare plans based on quality, as they shop.
What the Health Plan Star Ratings are Based on
A plan’s overall rating is based on three individually rated categories:
- Medical care: based on how well the plan’s network of health care providers manage member care, including:
- Providing regular screenings, vaccines, wellness care, and other basic health services
- Monitoring some routine and chronic conditions
- Member experience: based on surveys of member satisfaction with:
- Their health care and providers
- Ease of getting appointments and services
- Plan administration: based on how well the health plan is run, including:
- Customer service
- Access to needed information
- Network providers ordering appropriate tests and treatment
All health plan ratings are calculated the same way, using the same information sources.
More on Health Plan Star Ratings
- Ratings for each year are based on data provided for the previous year; for example, for 2022 ratings the data would be based on 2021 data.
- In some cases — such as when plans are new or have low enrollment — ratings aren’t available and display as Not Available. This does NOT mean the plans are low quality.