Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP)
SHOP Tax Credit Eligibility
The small business tax credit is only available to businesses that qualify for a SHOP ID number and purchase a YHI-certified group plan. Not sure if your small business qualifies? Visit the SHOP Tax Credit Estimator to find out.
For more information about the Small Business Tax Credit, visit the IRS website and speak with a tax professional.
How much will the tax credit pay?
- Up to 50% of your contribution to employee premiums if you are qualifying small business
- Up to 35% of your contribution to employee premiums if you are a qualifying tax-exempt small employer
How to Apply and Enroll
You can enroll your small business on SHOP through a Your Health Idaho certified agent or broker.
To enroll your small business in SHOP insurance:
- Contact an agent or broker.
- Download the SHOP Application.
- Complete the form and save a copy.
- Email electronic forms to Support with “SHOP request” in the subject line.
OR Mail the completed form to:
Your Health Idaho
PO Box 943
Boise, ID 83701
Once Your Health Idaho approves your application, select a preferred plan with your agent, broker or insurance company and enroll.