Exceptional circumstances can impact your eligibility to enroll in insurance coverage through Your Health Idaho.
You may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) if you have experienced one of the following Qualifying Life Events (QLE) in the last 60 days:
- Gained U.S citizenship, legal presence, or refugee status
- Had changes to your Health Coverage Assistance (tax credit) eligibility
- Newly released from incarceration, or the primary tax filer in your household entered incarceration
- Other special circumstances
To report your change, you must provide supporting documentation. Accepted documents include:
If you were just released from incarceration, or if the primary tax filer in your household started incarceration.
- Provide documentation from jail or prison with incarceration dates.
For most QLEs, you have 60 days from the date of your event to enroll in coverage. This means you must report your change, provide documentation, and select a plan and enroll by the end of the 60 days.
If you have questions, or would like more information, contact Your Health Idaho at 855-944-3246 or submit a support request online.
How you report your QLE depends on whether you already have coverage or receive a tax credit to help cover the cost of your insurance premium.
For existing accounts, please log in to your account to edit your application.
For new customers, create your account at yourhealthidaho.org and complete your application.