Marriage & Divorce

Changes to your household size can impact your eligibility for insurance coverage through Your Health Idaho.

You could qualify for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) if you experienced one of the following Qualifying Life Events (QLE) in the last 60 days:

  • Got married
  • Finalized a divorce, resulting in loss of coverage

To report your change, you must provide documented proof. Accepted documents include:


  • Proof of prior insurance for at least one partner within the last 60 days


  • Marriage certificate
  • Copy of court order, decree, or petition for name change for marriage
  • Domestic legal document


  • Proof of prior insurance coverage that was lost as a result of divorce


  • Copy of divorce papers
  • Papers of legal separation
  • Court order papers for dissolution of partnership
  • Validation on the Idaho repository

For most QLEs, you have 60 days from the date of your event to enroll in coverage. This means you must report your change, provide documentation, and select a plan and enroll by the end of the 60 days.

If you have questions, or would like more information, contact Your Health Idaho at 855-944-3246 or submit a support request online.

How you report your QLE depends on if you already have coverage or receive a tax credit to help cover the cost of your insurance premium.

For existing accounts, please log in to your account to edit your application.

For new customers, create your account and complete your application.