Marriage & Divorce
Changes to your household size can impact your eligibility for insurance coverage through Your Health Idaho.
You could qualify for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) if you experienced one of the following Qualifying Life Events (QLE) in the last 60 days:
- Got married
- Finalized a divorce, resulting in loss of coverage
To report your change, you must provide documented proof. Accepted documents include:
- Proof of prior insurance for at least one partner within the last 60 days
- Marriage certificate
- Copy of court order, decree, or petition for name change for marriage
- Domestic legal document
- Proof of prior insurance coverage that was lost as a result of divorce
- Copy of divorce papers
- Papers of legal separation
- Court order papers for dissolution of partnership
- Validation on the Idaho repository
You have 60 days report your change, provide documentation, and select a plan and enroll in a plan.
If you have questions, or would like more information, contact Your Health Idaho at 855-944-3246 or submit a support request online.
How you report your QLE depends on whether you already have coverage or receive a tax credit to help cover the cost of your insurance premium.